The Internet is a big, busy place, and we at Yahoo! are proud to stand out in the crowd. As the world's number one Internet brand, servicing over a half billion people, we're determined to maintain our commitment to delivering news, entertainment, information and fun... each and every day.
In order to maintain our position as one of the world's most trafficked Internet destinations, we're always on the lookout for people with big ideas and big talent to help us provide our visitors with the innovative products and services they've come to expect from Yahoo!. We're looking for people like you.
Are you passionate about building global software products? Do you want to improve the web search experience for millions of users around the world everyday? Do you enjoy solving challenging and complex problems? Are you extremely analytical and very detail-oriented?
Yahoo! Web Search is passionate about building the best search engine on the planet! Search, one of the most vital and dynamic technologies behind the Internet, is full of new challenges and opportunities for innovation. Building this system provides many technical challenges in the areas of distributed computing, data analysis, multi-terabyte storage systems, high-performance, high availability computing, and efficient massive graph traversal algorithms.
The international web search team is responsible for advancing our core search technology for international markets. We're looking for world-class, fun-loving engineers to join our team! If you have a desire to build the fastest, biggest, and most innovative search engine on the planet, come talk to us.
Responsibilities include: * Gain a deep understanding of the design of the search engine and content system. * Analyze problems and identify opportunities aggressively for engineering improvement and enhanced user experience for international markets. * Design and enhance features in core components of the search engine or content system according to requirements from international markets. * Drive projects from design to deployment.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- 5+ years industry experience with C/C++ development on Unix platform, Linux experience a plus.
- Experience building large-scale, complex, reliable systems or applications.
- Strong systems programming background. Multi-threading, distributed computing, performance analysis and optimization experience highly desirable.
- Participated in the full life cycle of a large project: design, implementation, testing, shipping, and sustaining.
- Good verbal and written communication. Strong teamwork skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- BS CS or equivalent required, MS CS preferred
- Text analysis, information retrieval, or related experience.
- Experience in software internationalization.
- Fluency in one or more foreign languages.
Yahoo! Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information or to search all of our openings, please visit careers.yahoo.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.