TEKsystems (Recruiter) Seeks PHP Developer (Nashville, TN)
April 14, 2009 @ 07:48:25
voice your opinion now!
Programmers with 5-7 years of proven PHP, MySQL, and associated experience. Consulting with project leaders, lead programmers, programmers, vendors, technicians and clients to understand computing needs and system requirements, you will be one of a team of programmers charged with meeting client needs. As an upper level programmer, you will develop highly complex code and integrate artwork, text, video, and sound into websites. Staying abreast of advances in technology and changes/updated to all security and operational requirements will be key.
- Able to deliver high quality source code independently.
- In-depth knowledge of web-based technologies and experience with problem analysis.
- Solid experience with typical software development lifecycles and methodologies, and with developing code in both text-editor and visual development (i.e. Eclipse, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, etc.) environments.
- Create highly complex, customized applications to enhance website capability based on business needs.
- Perform the following activities: development, testing, and implementation of software applications.
- Gain necessary input/approval in code reviews and may perform code review for others.
- Develop system and user documentation, research solutions, develop alternatives and make recommendations.
- Involve users in the development/maintenance of applications (e.g., requirements, testing), and understand how users use the applications.
- Investigate and resolve matters of significance for end-user problems and escalate if necessary. Identify issues and gather information; determine and recommend courses of action.
- Research, track, and understand new web technologies. Make recommendations for new policies and procedures.
- Build table frames and forms and write highly complex scripts within the browser to enhance site functionality.
- Ensure that web pages are functional across different browser types; conduct tests to verify user functions.
- Assist in resolving complex production support problems. Develop computer information resources providing for data security and control, strategic computing and disaster recovery.
- Excellent problem analysis and root cause resolution.
- Ability to work in a structured SDLC.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and switch quickly and comfortably between projects as determined by client need. Work effectively with other team members and maintain positive morale and sense of teamwork.
- Complete and submit daily time reports.
Reporting and Data Analysis (must have some of the following)
- Create highly complex, customized reporting applications to enhance website capability based on business needs.
- Provide definitions for medium-large sized reporting requirements, as well as designing, developing, testing, and implementing reports.
- Analyze data and ensure reports are created to gather relevant, useable, and accurate information for clients.
- Research, track, and understand new web reporting technologies to provide technical leadership in developing future reports.
- Ability to think critically and make actionable recommendations based on the business data needs: analyze data, interpret results and recommend.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of professional web development experience in PHP and MySQL (or similar RDBMS).
- Broad understanding of information technology principles, concepts and techniques including software languages, design concepts, test methods, and integration practices.
- Experience with some of the following: Perl, XML, XSLT, DHTML, JQuery, Adobe Suite, web Architecture, web services and third party APIs a plus.
- Experience with the following methodologies: N-Tier Development, Object Oriented Programming, basic source code repository proficiency (CVS, SVN, etc), MVC Framework usage, and Services Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with Unix-based OS and shell environment
- Experience with Systems Architecture Development and Enterprise-wide Software Applications.
- Experience with Windows development is also desired: MS Server, SQL Server, .net(C#). We will migrate parts of our project to this environment in the future.
- Comfortable with CSS-based layouts.
- Superior knowledge of current web design trends and techniques, a strong online portfolio displaying user-centered design, and experience with web database solutions are definite assets.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation, and testing of internet/intranet web sites.
- Experience working with multimedia applications, database interactions and data modeling tools.
- Experience with software test and evaluation plans for major releases of software or upgrade of existing hardware.
- Responsible for implementing security and access controls.
- Ability to identify, recommend, develop, implement and maintain web-based application systems and tools.
- Understand and recommend configuration management changes that will enhance system performance.
- Capable of recognizing and taking the initiative to address short-term and long-term IT problems and issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to present material to senior officials.
- Ability to switch quickly and comfortably between projects as determined by client need, work effectively with other team members, and maintain positive morale and a sense of teamwork.
- Must be able to qualify for a government security clearance.
Contact Ashley Kyler at 615.886.1103 or email@example.com
TEKsystems (Recruiter) Seeks PHP Developer (Las Colinas, TX)
March 10, 2009 @ 18:13:41
voice your opinion now!
||Las Colinas, TX
This is a permanent position for a mid/sr PHP developer in Las Colinas.
- Create and support micro-sites or landing pages
- Develop and edit HTML or PHP documents
- Be involved with the planning, testing, and release of feature and functionality enhancements
- Candidate must be comfortable implementing user interface designs, developing a variety of back-end business applications, and integrating third-party products such as CMS, e-commerce or e-learning applications
- Adhere to coding standards
- Work with other departments to ensure quality and timely delivery
- Write code so that it is well documented and re-usable
- Ability to start projects from scratch as well as pick up existing projects and add to, alter, or resume development
- 6+ years programming experience, with 3+ years PHP
- Experience with Open Source Content Management Systems (preferably PHP Driven such as Xoops)
- Able to hand-code HTML and CSS
- Expert knowledge of web application design issues, including sessions, security, load balancing and performance
- Thorough understanding of relation database concepts and structured query language
- Candidate must be adept at using a variety of technologies, including: ssh, ftp, PHP, SQL
- Code clearly and maintain consistency; code well documented with minimal bugs and errors
- Great company with a great culture and benefits.
Please contact Ryan Hanchey at TEKsystems if you are interested. firstname.lastname@example.org, 972.725.4111.
TEKsystems (Recruiter) Seeks PHP Developer (Las Vegas, NV)
February 02, 2009 @ 15:51:30
voice your opinion now!
||Las Vegas, NV
TEKsystems has teamed up with a local IT leader in the finance industry that provides unmatched, dynamic, end-to-end management technology for online lenders. We are seeking a PHP Develop with 2-3 years experience. Ideally this individual will have experience with front and backend development, PHP, MYSQL, CSS, LAMP, SVN and DHTML. This PHP Developer designs, develops, maintains, and optimizes secure and scalable multi-tier web applications. This individual must be able to take guidance from his/her manager, work well with a diverse sizeable team and is required to multi-task with limited supervision. In addition, this individual must be able to adapt quickly to rapidly changing priorities.
Duties & Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Write unit tests and coordinates development with the management/development team(s).
- Write bulletproof code that is highly scalable.
- Deploy applications.
- Perform version control with SVN and participates in release management.
- Write and debugs advanced SQL queries.
- High skill level in PHP and SQL development.
- Ability to solve complex, multi-dimensional problems.
- High level understanding of Internet services, such as SOAP, XMLRPC, WDDX, etc.
- Experience with LAMP (Linux/Unix, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
- Ability to understand development processes (RAD) and work within them.
- Has excellent analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines.
- PHP DEVELOPMENT
- BACK END DEVELOPER
About TEKsystems, Inc.:
Join TEKsystemsŪ and get your career on the fast track. As the leading technology staffing and services firm, we are passionate about deploying high-caliber IT and communications expertise. To satisfy our constant need for expertise, we actively seek talented Technical Professionals with all levels of information technology and communications skills. TEKsystems knows that every professional has different needs, so we'll work together to determine a suitable benefits package. We offer options to our Technical Professionals that could include: a health plan, 401k, provisions for vacation and holiday pay, and technical and professional training. With a foundation as the nation's largest IT staffing firm, we've become a billion-dollar services company by blending superior client service with an unrivaled ability to source and manage talent to precise specifications, resulting in successful technology executions. Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. M/F/D/V
Please feel free to contact me directly to apply or with any additional questions.
Don't see your event here?
Let us know!