Options Consulting Solutions Seeks PHP Developer Team Lead (Toronto, Canada)
April 26, 2011 @ 17:35:26
voice your opinion now!
||Options Consulting Solutions (Recruiting Agency)
||Toronto, Ontario, Canada
||PHP Developer Team Lead
My client is a developer of high-traffic, large-scale websites and currently has 5 PHP Developer Team Lead roles available due to aggressive growth. Centrally located in Toronto, competitive salaries, cutting edge technology and a flat structure that allows for growth and development. All in all a great environment. They are more than willing to sponsor/relocate candidates for these positions for the U. S., U.K. and Western Europe.
Reporting to the Development Manager, this role is responsible for the development of large scale Internet web sites. We are responsible for evaluation, design, selection and implementation of pragmatic, cost effective technologies, to support our various clients' business models.
- Proven team building and leadership experience in a web development environment
- Staff training and team development skills and experience
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Experienced in estimating effort and elapsed time required to complete project deliverables.
- Skilled in both Object Oriented and Non-Object Oriented Design and programming techniques.
- Several years of skill in PHP and at least one other object oriented language such as perl or Java.
- Experience designing with large scale distributed databases.
- Strong business and technical analytical ability so as to create robust technical design documentation from business requirements documentation.
- Proven ability to define success criteria to meet and measure quality expectations.
- Motivating and leading a team of 6 to 10 application developers.
- Provide feedback on business requirements documentation to ensure resolution of any apparent ambiguity or contradictions.
- Functional Breakdown, Design, Programming, testing and maintaining web site applications to support the business requirements.
- Perform impact analysis for design modification and obtain signoff from the Architecture Team.
- Participation in the selection and implementation of third party software to support design where it is practicable.
- Communicating with several third party billing processors to setup and maintain robust ecommerce billing solutions.
- Appropriate documentation for each development step - including functional, design, and testing specifications.
- Developing and documenting workload estimates (ie: Creation of workload breakdown plan to define and track software development efforts)
- Delivering functionality within these estimated effort and time frames
- Selection, implementation and/or modification of web development practices and methodologies to support continuous improvement efforts.
- Provide assistance to junior programmers to generate Low Level Design documentation for new or modified functionality.
- Conduct Design reviews with Technical Architect, Project Manager and Manager of Software Development for final design approvals.
- Conduct documentation and code reviews for their team members to ensure standards compliance.
- Define test methodology and use cases to analyze and verify software programs, forms, reports and interfaces.
- Communicate issues and status information to Project Management Office concerning system development activities.
- Liaison with Project Management Office to resolve scheduling conflict and project dependencies.
- Update system data and prepare conversion requirement as necessary for new implementation and production rollout.
- Participate in project status review meetings with other Team Leads and the Development Manager
- 5-6+ years of PHP 4/5 design/coding/testing/implementing using Open Source approach
- 4+ years of Object Orientation design and development experience for large scale distributed web applications
- Linux, Mac O/SX, MySQL, PHP, Apache/Light HTTP technologies experience
- Computer Science trained graduate or equivalent work experience
For more information contact Kenneth Cosgrove at email@example.com
Intellect Technical Solutions (Recruiter) Seeks PHP Developers (Tampa, FL)
September 25, 2008 @ 14:09:01
voice your opinion now!
||Intellect Technical Solutions, Inc (Recruiter)
Our client in Tampa, FL is looking to hire 5 PHP developers with the following experience:
- PHP. They use PHP4; PHP5 experience is good but since they are on version 4, that carries a little more weight. They like object oriented experienced.
- UNIX. They want someone who has decent experience w/ Sun/Solaris or LINUX.
- Database experience. The candidate must have good database experience, with large databases. Very good SQL knowledge is a must.
- XML. Should have some experience with XML, including using parsers and PHP functions to create XML streams.
- Version Control. Candidates should have worked in shops that use version control software.
- Team vs. solo. They don*t have much use for someone who has primarily worked on small projects by themselves. They need people who know how to work on a team (and enjoy it).
- Apache. They use Apache servers; experience with them is very desirable. Also desirable: Ability to compile/configure Apache.
- They expect people to "hand code", that is, not to use a code generating tool.
Contact Dana Altieri at Intellect Technical Solutions, Inc. for more information - firstname.lastname@example.org
About Intellect Technical Solutions:
Intellect Technical Solutions is a leading Information Technology consulting firm providing technical contract and direct-hire recruiting services. In 2005 Intellect earned a spot on the Inc. Magazine 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies for 2005. For 2006, again Intellect made the Inc. Magazine 500 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list. Intellect focuses on Information Technology. Intellect was founded in 1997 and serves Fortune 2000 clients on a national basis from 4 offices: Clearwater, FL Lakeland, FL, Houston, TX and Louisville, KY.
Intellect is a Gold-level Partner with Microsoft and a Solutions Partner with Mercury Interactive Corporation. Intellect consultants have experience in the follow areas: commercial software, health care, logistics, retail, banking, accounting, and telecommunications industries. Combining this industry knowledge with our technical expertise allows us to bring advanced-knowledge recruiting for point-of-sale, supply chain management, enterprise data warehousing, business intelligence, facilities management, and network operations and more. For more information: www.intellectcorp.com.
Moving Forward to the Next Step:
Do you know someone who fits this profile? Refer them to Intellect Technical Solutions. We will pay a $500 referral fee if they are employed by Intellect for a minimum of ninety (90) days.
Squires Resources (Recruiter) Seeks Technical Solutions Specialist
November 29, 2007 @ 07:53:00
voice your opinion now!
Via Chris Hartjes' blog:
||Squires Resources (Recruiter)
||Technical Solutions Specialist - Development
A unique opportunity awaits in sunny, sub-tropical Bermuda!
On behalf of a premier ISP/Communications company in Bermuda we are seeking an experienced and motivated Developer who would be interested in relocating to join their dynamic team.
The successful candidate will be involved in:
- Applications design, Online (live web) and offline (supporting)applications development applications development, and Recurring HTML content.
- Working with engineering in evaluating requirements and developing plan for project resolution.
- Coordinating with Engineering on quality and design changes.
- Providing technical support to internal resources on internal systems.
- Providing superior customer service either on site or over telephone.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Must have: Excellent PHP skills including Object Oriented Design
- Excellent knowledge of web development technologies such as XHTML, CSS, XML, Web Services, SSL, OOD, AJAX, ASP.NET.
- In depth knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL language
- Zend Certified Engineer would be a strong asset but not required
Our client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (with only 4.75% tax!) along with the opportunity to live and work in beautiful Bermuda. Due to the relocation involved, candidates should be highly mobile and adaptable, with outside interests that correspond to Bermuda's idyllic and unique living environment.
For more information or to explore this unique position, please contact Jason Squires, Squires Resources Inc. 705.725.7660 ext 23 or email@example.com
Thousands of professionals are enjoying unique careers and exceptional lifestyles in Bermuda and the Caribbean… Please visit us online at www.squiresresources.com to find out how you can join them!
Jonathan Snook's Blog:
Review PHP Solutions
January 29, 2007 @ 09:21:00
voice your opinion now!
Jonathan Snook has posted a review of a book offered by the Friends of Ed publishing company - PHP Solutions: Dynamic Web Design Made Easy by David Powers.
The folks at Friend of Ed were kind enough to send me a copy of PHP Solutions, by David Powers. This book is solely intended for someone who hasn't used PHP before but approaches it in a way that is different than most books I've seen.
Jonathan talks about the contents of the book (installation, the basics, working with images, etc) and mentions what he liked about the book - mostly its forward-thinking approach including a look at PHP6 and a more well-rounded approach than just the traditional "put it in the database" ideas.
Advanced PHP Solutions with Zeev Suraski (Webcast)
September 20, 2006 @ 15:58:36
voice your opinion now!
If you missed the Zend Webcast talking about "Advanced PHP Solutions" with Zeev Suaski, ComputerWorld has your chance to grab the download from it.
PHP continues to enjoy phenomenal growth becoming the de-facto standard for enterprise Web applications. With the introduction of PHP 5, PHP has reached new levels of support for Web Services, XML and Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) meeting the robust demands of the enterprise environment. Learn how you can achieve scalability, performance, availability and reliability for your enterprise-class PHP applications with advanced PHP solutions from Zend Technologies.
In the webcast, Zeev talks about integrating web services, tracking and improving the response times in your application, scaling your applications, and troubleshooting applications down to the exact line of code.
Are We Losing LAMP?
June 25, 2006 @ 16:49:18
voice your opinion now!
The latest offering from the php|architect A/R/T article repository is this column from the editor, Marco Tabini. In it, he asks (and answers) the question "Are We Losing LAMP?".
In a recent post to a blog that was reported in our news, author Cliff Wells claims that the light has gone out on LAMP. I have addressed enough of these articles in the past--as have many others who know a log more about technology than I do--and I am not really going to address another one here. In fact, I am only going to use it for that most human of human forms of expression: imitation.
Marco talks about how, while the PHP community on the whole has been lucky as far as its partnerships and contributions from larger entities, there might come a time later on when these same alliances could stir up trouble. He does suggest somewhat of a solution, though - three actually, some a bit more plausable than others. (You'll have to check out the article to get those, though!)
Don't see your event here?
Let us know!