Simply put, echo builds communities around entertainment brands. We then leverage the power of those communities to benefit the audience, our clients and their partners. Using the web as a central hub, we connect the artists and their fans as well as the fans to each other by extending the brand to every area of their lives. As a result, those fans become more passionate evangelists, solidifying not only their loyalty to the brand, but also spreading the word to their friends, families and even total strangers. Using our unique blend of strategy, creativity and technology, we give the audience that sense of connection by engaging, entertaining and informing them. Like our process, our people are both analytical and inspired; both experienced and revolutionary. They are the best in the business because they believe in both the unquantifiable passion of fans and the amazing revelations of data. They are scientists. They are rock stars. They are matchmakers.
Ticketmaster is the world's leading ticketing company, operating in 20 global markets, providing ticket sales, ticket resale services, marketing and distribution through www.ticketmaster.com one of the largest e-commerce sites on the Internet; approximately 6,500 retail outlets; and 20 worldwide call centers. Ticketmaster celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2006 and currently serves more than 9,000 clients worldwide across multiple event categories, providing exclusive ticketing services for hundreds of leading arenas, stadiums, performing arts venues, museums, and theaters. In 2006, the company sold more than 128 million tickets valued at over $7 billion on behalf of its clients. Ticketmaster is headquartered in West Hollywood, California.
echo is looking for ambitious open-source developers to work on a team that is shaping the music industry. If you've got rock star coding skills and get the concept of "team," you may be a fit. The desired candidate will work with the Information Technology Team that designs and builds the products echomusic offers to its customers as well as the back office functions and applications necessary to manage the business. This person needs to be comfortable working in an open, collaborative, team environment.
The successful candidate will be confident in their abilities but also know where they have opportunities to learn. The work environment is project oriented and process driven. New development is balanced with operational and maintenance responsibilities. The ability to innovate as well as problem solve are also characteristics that will help the qualified candidate be successful in this role. Strong customer focus and empathy are required.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Design, develop, test, rollout, install and maintain LAMP based web applications based on current or future specifications.
- Maintain functional, integration and application touch points.
- Contribute to and work within the company and team processes
- Integrate third party tools and applications as needed
- Creation and execution of unit test plans for all developed work.
- Ability and willingness to accurately and correctly review documentation and other developers work
- Minimum of 2 years or relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Working knowledge of relational databases and relevant commercial software applications
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to define and deliver projects
- Candidate must be motivated, show initiative, dependable, organized and exhibit good judgment
- Candidate must be able to work in a small company environment that works directly with large and small customers
Competitive compensation and benefits package offered. Qualified applicants should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ticketmaster is committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only respond to those candidates that most closely match our requirements. To learn more about echo visit: www.helloecho.com. Thank you for your interest in echo and Ticketmaster.