Are you interested in working in an extremely collaborative and dynamic environment full of fun and intelligent people where your contributions are highly valued?
iContact is looking for a well-rounded Software Engineer who wants to make a significant impact on our software as a service (SaaS) web application.
The iContact product is the leading email marketing and online communications platform used by over 22,000 companies worldwide ranging from small businesses to blue chip clients like International Paper, Ford, Bank of America, Symantec, Re/Max, and LG Electronics.
We use open source software, like Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP (LAMP), and agile software development methods, like Scrum, user stories, short release cycles, test-driven development (TDD) and continuous integration, to develop our highly scalable and reliable (20+ servers, sharded, replicated) enterprise-level application.
Our new Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- designing, refactoring, and improving the functionality of our application
- writing high quality, object-oriented back-end code (you'll be putting the M in MVC)
- working closely with team members to make good trade-offs and deliver features that meet requirements
- tracking down and fixing bugs
At a minimum, we require that you have:
- a B.S. degree in computer science or a related field
- experience with web application development
- experience with object-oriented programming (OOP)
- experience with SQL (including joins, schema, and indexing)
- ability to work well in a team environment
- good communication skills
- eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
You get bonus points for having:
- experience with PHP (or similar, e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- experience with MySQL (or similar, e.g. PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, SQLite, etc.)
- experience with design patterns
- experience with Model-View-Controller (MVC) frameworks
- experience developing in a Linux/Unix environment
- experience with some of the tools we use like Subversion, Bugzilla, Jira, Memcache, Solr, and symfony.
- a sense of humor
To help you fulfill your responsibilities we have great perks like free soda, bagel Mondays, monthly catered lunches, and foosball along with benefits like health care coverage, a 401(k) plan, and a Flexible Spending Account.
If you are self-motivated, smart, great at getting things done, and like what you read above, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Software Engineer". We're excited to hear from you!