Wikimedia Foundation Seeks Senior Software Developer (San Francisco, CA)
May 18, 2012 @ 07:22:40
voice your opinion now!
||San Francisco, CA
||Senior Software Developer
Some of the projects you'll work on:
- Develop new experimental editor engagement features for Wikimedia sites.
- Extend MediaWiki software to support new experimental features.
- Participate in periodic technology meetings for design, development and testing of experimental features.
- Scrum master for development team.
- 5+ years experience with rapid iterative software development processes, ability to quickly grasp requirements, derive UI workflow and develop functionality.
- Experience deploying code into high transaction volume production environments.
- Experience with A/B testing, cross-browser testing, debugging.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies such as Scrum and Extreme Programming (XP). ScrumMaster training preferred.
- Familiarity with version control systems/continuous integration tools (we use Git/Gerrit/Jenkins).
- Must be able to meet aggressive timelines, iterate rapidly, and switch rapidly across multiple projects.
- Strong communication skills: Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively; have strong written and oral communication skills as well as be able to collaborate easily within a cross-functional team.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field preferred.
Extra Points if you have:
- Experience with MediaWiki and other open source PHP-based content management systems
- Experience in the Wikipedia community
- Experience contributing to a major Open Source project
- Understanding of free culture / free software /open source
- Experience working with online volunteers.
- Experience with wikis and participatory production environments.
- Good sense of humor
- Being creative, highly motivated, hard-working and ability to work effectively in multiple cultural contexts are great assets
- Comfortable working in an open, highly collaborative, consensus-oriented environment
Please provide URLs to any existing open source software work you may have done (your own software or patches to other packages) if possible. We'd love to see what you can do!
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization that operates Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. According to comScore Media Metrix, Wikipedia and the other projects operated by the Wikimedia Foundation receive more than 482 million unique visitors per month, making them the 5th most popular web property worldwide. Available in more than 270 languages, Wikipedia contains more than 21 million articles contributed by a global volunteer community of more than 100,000 people. Based in San Francisco, California, the Wikimedia Foundation is an audited, 501(c)(3) charity that is funded primarily through donations and grants. The Wikimedia Foundation was created in 2003 to manage the operation of Wikipedia and its sister projects. It currently employs 130 staff members. Wikimedia is supported by local chapter organizations in 38 countries or regions.
To apply, submit your information here (Jobvite)
ZendCon 2011 Registration Opens
June 23, 2011 @ 10:58:06
voice your opinion now!
As was mentioned by Zend late yesterday, the registration for this year's Zend/PHP Conference have officially opened!
The 7th Annual Zend PHP Conference (ZendCon) will take place October 17-20, 2011, In Santa Clara, California. ZendCon is the largest gathering of the PHP Community and brings together PHP developers and IT managers from around the world to discuss PHP best practices and explore new technologies.
The Early Bird pricing will last until September 10th saving you about $200 USD off the price of the ticket. The full ZendCon experience (Tutorials & Conference) is $1,195 USD or you can opt for just the Tutorial for $445 USD or just the Conference for $945 USD. You're in luck if you're looking for discounts, though - they have lots o them including ones for ZendCon alumni, group discounts, ZCEs and students.
The schedule's not quite out yet, but as you can see by some of the comments from speakers on Twitter, it's shaping up to be a great schedule. Topics like CouchDb, component architecture, design patterns, Redis and dependency injection will all be there.
Apollo Interactive Seeks PHP Programmer (Culver City, CA)
October 13, 2010 @ 14:45:03
voice your opinion now!
||Culver City, CA
We are seeking a team-oriented, skilled PHP Programmer to join Apollo in our Culver City office. This is a full-time position. Salary will be in line with candidate's experience, however please provide requirements in your cover letter. Likely candidates will have 2-4 years experience in similar position using PHP/MySQL. You will be part of an established team that is responsible for the development of new Web sites from inception to completion and for performing updates to existing Web sites. Ideal candidates have excellent code/commenting, are able to manage multiple projects, have good communication skills, and a solid understanding of the Web site development process.
- Program large, database-driven Web sites
- Requirements gathering and preparing functional/technical specifications
- Ability to communicate well with both staff and clients
- Work closely with Account Services, Creative, and Web Producers
- Self-motivator and good attitude
- Willingness to learn and apply new technologies as needed
- 4+ years programming in Agency or similar environment
- Must be able to create a functional Webpage using only Notepad or similar text editor
- Expert SQL Knowledge
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- BS degree in CS (or similar)
Experience with the following is helpful but not required
Benefits include Medical, Dental, 401K and annual salary review.
ONLY RESUMES WITH A COVER LETTER STATING YOUR INTEREST AND SALARY EXPECTATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Email resumes to email@example.com
Apollo Interactive is a full-service Interactive Agency with offices in Culver City, CA and Dallas, TX. Our services include Web Development and Online Advertising for some of America's largest well-known companies like Jack in the Box, Roland, Curves International, Chuck E. Cheese's, The University of Phoenix, and Blue Cross of California.
Oakley Seeks Web Software Engineer (Foothill Ranch, CA)
August 26, 2010 @ 22:57:52
voice your opinion now!
||Foothill Ranch, CA
||Web Software Engineer
It's in our DNA to identify problems, create inventions and wrap those inventions in art. Some call it a relentless drive to make things better. We call it Mad Science, and it lives in everything that fuels our passion.
Our headquarters in Orange County, California is home to creative people who find equal time for the sports and Mad Science that define our culture. We open our doors to people who embrace work and life with equal passion
- Architect and build dynamic web applications, utilizing PHP and MySQL databases.
- Develop, update, and maintain software for the company's current and upcoming applications.
- Architect, design and implement scalable database schemata.
- Create documentation including engineering requirements documents, documentation for maintenance and support of the software.
- Participate and lead code reviews of other engineer's work.
- Interact on a professional level with all levels of internal customers and team members.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline, with 5 years of industry experience.
- Expert knowledge of all layers of the PHP/LAMP stack.
- Solid grounding in the fundamentals of MVC-based software engineering and modern PHP frameworks.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and RESTful Web Services.
- A commitment to test-driven development.
- Strong knowledge of version control systems GIT, SVN and CVS.
- Solid understanding and expertise with XHTML, CSS, cross-browser/platform issues and associated modern browser compatibility issues.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment & flexibility to accommodate demanding schedules.
- Educated in development methodologies and best practices.
- Analyze complex problems and provide technologically sound solutions.
- Solid knowledge of technical requirements definition and design process.
- Knowledgeable in development tradeoffs between speed, design, flexibility and the underlying page architecture.
- Passion for end-user focused software applications design; with a high awareness of current industry design and usability trends.
- Must be aware of online accessibility issues and have experience working to W3C accessibility guidelines.
- Strong proponent of web standards and usability.
- Development experience with E-Commerce websites.
- Strong knowledge of Zend Framework.
- Magento Commerce
- Passion for Web 2.0.
- Knowledgeable in server architecture and design; able to perform Sys Admin duties.
Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits(Health,Dental,Vision,401K,Short Term and Long Term Disability,Automatic Life Insurance,Educational Reimbursement,Paid Vacation
Please email a copy of your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9498296114 if you have any questions.
BetFair Seeks Lead Software Engineer (Web)
February 08, 2010 @ 12:42:46
voice your opinion now!
||San Francisco, CA
||Lead Software Engineer (Web)
Betfair US currently seeks a Lead Software Engineer to focus their creativity and passion on our Web Platform.
This position will have overall responsibility in delivering consumer-focused, highly scalable and high availability
Through collaboration with Executives and our Architectural teams; our Lead will manage a small team of talented
developers to take technical and design concepts into production through their creative vision…
- Create, deliver and maintain a very scalable system architecture to address a high availability internet site and varied sets of internal applications
- Work with the technology and product management leaders to develop and deliver the company strategy and vision
- Work with the senior engineers to provide clear leadership in technical design and architecture of Betfair US software systems
- Share knowledge with other members of the Software Engineering team
- Lead the development of white papers and other technical documents to effectively present Betfair's US technology
- Participate in reviewing and evaluating 3rd party technologies and vendors
- Work with patent attorneys to identify and file patents
- BS in CS, Preferred MSCS (or equivalent) and 5-8 years of hands-on software design and development experience or data and mathematical analysis
- Strong hands on skills in - PHP, RoR, Java, Flash, AMFPhP, memcached, memqueue, + at least one of LAMP stack environments
- Relational Databases and SQL ( MySQL, Oracle, logical design and stored procedures).
- Proven ability to lead and manage a small (3-5) team of engineers
- Deep experience building Distributed Large Scale Systems focused on highly available websites
- Proven ability to operate effectively at the senior level
- Exceptional motivator and technical leader
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Additional Experience Desired:
Social & Web Gaming; Mobile Gaming, Virtual World Applications (UX, Currency, Transactions, Community,
Micro-Payments, Start-up Exp)
Betfair US Overview
Located in San Francisco; Betfair US is a true start-up being developed from the ground up! We are an incubation
team consisting of highly talented, passionate, and collaborative team members. We look to continue to build our
team with the brightest and most creative individuals across all disciplines. This is a tremendous opportunity for
those with an entrepreneurial mindset to help create the direction we take with our technology platform and product portfolio.
For more infromation or to submit your resume, contact Seth Dawson at SDawson@tvg.com or by phone 415-515-2654.
Stealth Mode Startup Seeks PHP Software Engineer (San Francisco, CA)
July 16, 2009 @ 09:51:27
voice your opinion now!
||San Francisco, CA
||PHP Software Engineer
Stealth mode startup seeks a sharp, motivated PHP engineer to help launch Beta website on a tight deadline.
Founded by serial entrepreneurs who have helped build successful internet brands in Silicon Valley and Europe, our company is based on an internationally proven business model and has tremendously high growth (and profitability) potential. We are producing a next-generation social network involving mobile technology and e-commerce components.
This is a real opportunity to join a high potential startup and build something of real value. Whether you are a seasoned engineer or a super smart college student, we want to talk to you if you think you have what it takes to have a large roll in the development of our site and its database.
We've secured angel funding, built the wireframes, wrote the specs and are moving fast -- if you're interested in joining us, please send us your resume.
- Excellent web programming knowledge and 2+ years experience building sites in PHP, specifically using frameworks such as Zend.
- Strong SQL knowledge and the ability to fundamentally understand relational database theory
- Strong ability to write structured code followed up with clear documentation
- Strict adherence to web 2.0 standards and cross-platform compatibility
- Solid understanding of browser capabilities and restrictions
- Knowledge of web server platforms, protocols and applications
- Ability to write clean, light code (and then test your clean, light code)
- Understanding of SEO and experience with design programs (eg. Illustrator and PhotoShop) is a plus
- XHTML expertise is a plus
- Linux experience is a plus
- Obsession with new technologies and trends, especially in social or mobile tech
- Self-driven, with a good approach to working efficiently and effectively
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to set (and meet) realistic deadlines
- True passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed sites
NON-TECHNICAL / DESIRABLE SKILLS
- It is absolutely required that you can be self motivated, work independently and work under very tight deadlines.
- It is absolutely required that you have a good sense of humor, have an open minded attitude, have high level of integrity and like to have fun (work hard, play hard)
- Intense desire to build something successful from the ground-up
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Slight addiction to social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Sense of adventure: willing to take risks, either for the adrenaline or experience
- Love of travel, especially backpacking or visiting remote destinations
- Fluency in another language is a plus (eg. Spanish, German, Chinese, etc)
Did we mention that our site will be a good thing for the world? Sure, profitability may be our main focus but we're actually building something that will help people across the globe. (Really.)
This is a contract-to-hire position. Compensation is dependent on availability and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume, compensation expectations and a brief cover letter to LeadDevJob@gmail.com. Thanks.
The Healthy City Project Seeks Web Developer/PHP Programmer
May 27, 2009 @ 14:56:32
voice your opinion now!
||The Healthy City Project
||Los Angeles, CA
||Innovative Web Developer/PHP Programmer
The mission of the Healthy City Project is to improve the ability of low-income, underserved children, youth, and their families to access services and to facilitate smarter resource planning throughout L.A. County. To this end, Healthy City (HC) has created a user friendly GIS mapping website that provides access to the largest database of community resources and localized demographic, health, and economic data for all of L.A. County. Always on the cutting edge of technology, HealthyCity.org is widely recognized as a national model in how to re-purpose GIS technology for public sector use. HC was recently recognized as a featured project for the Netsquared 2008 Conference (N2Y3) and is in the process of statewide expansion. Along with our online site, HC provides direct research and technical assistance to governmental (elected and otherwise), philanthropic, and community based institutions including community engaged mapping, policy research, and website development. The Healthy City Project is a program within the Advancement Project LA, a nonprofit research and public policy organization near downtown Los Angeles.
Healthy City is now seeking a highly qualified Web Developer/PHP Programmer with working knowledge and experience to help lead its successful online site and various research and policy portals. This position will work directly with Healthy City's Technology Manager and Technology consultants assisting in multiple aspects of the project including the website design, development, maintenance and administration for a wide range of research/technology projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Construct, develop, code, debug and maintain of interactive mapping website applications.
- Participate in project status review meeting with Team Lead.
- Assist in setting scope of work and timelines for various technology projects, including updating and maintaining existing sites as well as development of new websites.
- Plan and implement enhancement of existing and creation of new Web-based applications, including but not limited to interactive features and tools that facilitate data analysis.
- Participation in systems analysis and design efforts regarding user interfaces, definition of process specifications and design of application structures.
- Conform to in-house software development processes, and defined software design methodologies for the development and implementation of Internet based applications
- Perform code evaluation and make recommendations for software adaptation
- Generate application test data as necessary and validate any data conversion requirements for final implementation and production rollout.
- Database management; maintain data for healthycity.org as well as other projects; conduct data preparation and clean-up.
- Liaison as necessary between the Technology Manager and Technology consultants regarding www.HealthyCity.org and various project websites.
- Timely communication of issues and status information to Technology Manager concerning system development activities.
- Quality assurance testing and usability testing for various project websites.
QuinStreet Seeks PHP Technical Lead (Foster City, CA)
April 08, 2009 @ 15:14:02
voice your opinion now!
||Foster City, CA
||PHP Technical Lead
Who We Are
QuinStreet has become the leader in online, performance-based vertical marketing because we've consistently delivered the right leads at the right volume to thousands of industry-leading consumer and business brands since 1999. QuinStreet is headquartered in Foster City, CA, with satellite offices worldwide.
QuinStreet is a meritocracy, where recognition and advancement are based on performance. It is the ideal work environment for someone who is interested in personal growth as well as professional growth. Working here, you will be held to the highest standards of performance and encouraged to dissent when you see a better solution. We deal with each other honestly and non-hierarchically in an atmosphere of mutual respect. We celebrate each other's efforts and strive to create a casual, upbeat and supportive setting in which you can excel.
What We Offer
QuinStreet offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees including: competitive salary; medical, dental, and vision benefits; 401(k) plan; Flexible Spending Account; and generous paid time off (PTO) package. QuinStreet is an EEO employer.
QuinStreet offers a fun, casual, supportive, and high energy culture that rewards employees for their performance. If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we want to hear from you!
The PHP Technical Lead will serve as a lead and manager for a multi-million dollar portfolio of web sites. An entrepreneurial mindset is essential for success in this fast growing team.
- Managing and prioritizing a project pipeline for a team of software engineers, QA engineers, and system administrators.
- The PHP Technical Lead will work closely with cross functional teams so he/she must have the ability to communicate and explain technical concepts to non-technical team members.
- Assisting in continuously analyzing, maintaining, and improving the development process.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 8 years hands-on software development experience in a broad range of technologies.
- Must be well versed in PHP, Java and ASP.Net.
- Hands on experience with relational databases, e.g. MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL. Debugging SQL is also preferred.
- Advanced UNIX skills preferred.
- Solid understanding of 3 tier architectures including solid scalability fundamentals such as caching and load-balancing.
- Knowledge of search engine marketing and optimization (SEM and SEO).
- Must have experience in web project development cycle.
- Good business analytical skills combined with the ability to get things done.
- Must have experience with full life cycle projects.
- A high task load is expected. You should be able to manage and juggle multiple projects while exhibiting exemplary time management and task prioritization.
- Recent experience managing or leading a team.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong presentation, communication, and collaboration skills, enabling effective interaction and knowledge transfer to teammates
- Ability to work with minimal to no supervision.
- Positive attitude and professionalism in the workplace.
- BS/BA, or equivalent experience
For immediate consideration, please send resume to Leah Rodriguez, Recruiter at email@example.com.
TopTech Ventures (Recruiter) Seeks Web Developer (Redwood City, CA)
March 19, 2009 @ 20:37:52
voice your opinion now!
||TopTech Ventures (Recruiter)
||Redwood City, CA
- Create all websites for us and our games, working closely with web designers on translating visual design mockups into working web pages.
- Drive client-side web technology decisions for rich interactions, optimization, and ease of use.
- Work with game and platform engineers to support integrating account, billing and game data across related websites.
- Provide programming support for online creative services (graphical ads, partner tracking, etc.) and Community Management tools (forums, content management, etc.)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience with 2+ years building highly interactive, large-scale websites.
- Programming skills in PHP or similar scripting languages (Perl, JSP, ASP, etc.) and experience with Drupal or similar CMS systems.
- Strong command of web standards - Apache, HTTP, CSS-driven/table-less HTML layouts, web optimization, SEO, and cross-browser compatibility.
- Capable with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to support graphic designer.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Flash is a big plus.
- Understanding of server side coding/web frameworks, state management, dynamic content retrieval, and web services (SOAP, REST, XML-RPC, etc) are all bonuses.
For more information contact Brandon Rende - (650) 561-9336 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't see your event here?
Let us know!