The SitePoint PHP blog has a tutorial posted introducing some of the updates to the theme functionality in Drupal 8 including some new features.
If you are a Drupal developer who has dabbled in theming older versions of Drupal (5, 6, 7) you understand why frustration is the trusty companion of any Drupal themer. Luckily, though, Drupal 8 promises so many improvements that even the Angry Themer is happy for a change. It is only natural we jump in and start looking at what these improvement are.
They talk about the changes in:
- creating a module and defining its theme
- that Twig is now the template library
- updates to template handling
- how to debug themes/templates
- working with assets and libraries
Each topic includes a summary of the changes or more information about the topic including links to other resources with more information about each.