LIVESTRONG.com/Demand Media Inc. Seeks Senior PHP Software Developer (Santa Monica, CA)
December 10, 2008 @ 07:54:25
voice your opinion now!
||LIVESTRONG.com / Demand Media Inc.
||Santa Monica, CA
||Senior PHP Software Developer
Want to help make a difference while doing what you love? LIVESTRONG.COM is high traffic social media destination developed to carry Lance Armstrong's message of leading a healthy active lifestyle. We inspire individuals to improve their lives through engaging interactive tools and the Web's most extensive library of health, fitness and nutrition articles, videos and databases. As a developer on the LIVESTRONG.COM team you will work on new features and enhancements for the site and the LIVESTRONG DailyPlate iPhone application which was recently ranked #1 in the 'Health & Fitness' category in Apple's download store.
- Extensive experience developing web applications in PHP 5
- Solid understanding of OO programming and MVC frameworks
- Strong foundation in MySQL & relational databases
- Experience working in a high traffic, high performance web environment a big plus
- A passion to learn, do, and grow
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of professional experience developing web software. However, if you don't have quite that much job experience but are confident you meet the above desired skills please submit your resume anyways. We love giving brilliant people the opportunity to learn and grow with us.
About the Position :
LIVESTRONG.COM has a no-nonsense approach to getting things done. We use the latest technologies, release often and early, encourage creativity over conformity, and reward initiative.
- Learn from a team of industry veterans with experience working on the web's most popular sites
- Pair Programming sessions with experienced engineers to exchange ideas and learn.
- Challenge Yourself with exciting projects in a fast-paced, high traffic environment.
- Open Source friendly & encouraged
- Exposure to exciting new platforms like iPhone & mobile development
- Growth and Leadership opportunities for hard working, proactive team members.
- Make a Difference as you watch your work change the lives of others
Demand Media is revolutionizing the Internet, and we want you to be part of the team that is defining the next generation of media. We are a privately held company founded in May 2006 based in Santa Monica, CA, with offices in Bellevue, WA, Seattle, WA and Austin, TX. Among Demand Media's many web properties are: eHow.com, Cracked.com, ExpertVillage.com, LIVESTRONG.com, ChannelME.TV and many more. For more information visit us at www.demandmedia.com.
Our downtown Santa Monica promenade offices provide an excellent work environment.
What we Offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- 2 weeks PTO/vacation, 4 sick days and 4 personal days
- Relocation Assistance
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and other benefits
- Excellent work environment
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NYTimes.com Seeks CSS/HTML Technical Web Developer
June 14, 2007 @ 08:51:00
voice your opinion now!
||Santa Monica, CA
||CSS/HTML Technical Web Developer
NYTimes.com is seeking experienced, well-rounded developers with a strong focus on CSS, HTML, and XSL to join our Web Development team. This group is responsible for defining, creating, and supporting reusable, front-end elements implemented across the NYTimes.com web site. The Web Development team is critical in ensuring that NYTimes.com is rendering properly and in guaranteeing the best user experience across supported browsers.
The ability to see the "big picture" of a project is key, as Web Developers often wear more than a few hats. On projects, they are the liaisons between the design and technology camps as well as other stakeholders. Also critical is an attention to detail, a pride in the quality of one's work, the ability to manage one's time and meet deadlines, and an interest in maintaining the high standards of the New York Times.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Expert-level ability with CSS and HTML. Candidates must have examples of complex, table-less layouts implemented using CSS and semantically correct markup.
- In depth understanding of cross-browser, front-end development issues.
- Working knowledge of XML and XSLT. Experience implementing elegant XSL template structures to render complex designs is a plus.
- Candidates should be able to write custom functions and classes by hand.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Web developers work on multi-disciplinary project teams and must have the ability to clearly articulate technical concerns to designers, project managers, developers, and other project stakeholders..
- Ability to manage one's time effectively to meet multiple, tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with PHP, JSP or other back-end scripting language.
- Proficiency with SQL, UNIX, and/or ActionScript.
- Experience with content management systems and version control systems.
We offer a highly competitive salary and an impressive array of benefits, including: comprehensive health coverage, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, tuition assistance, and a bonus plan.
Don't see your event here?
Let us know!