Want to help make a difference while doing what you love? LIVESTRONG.COM is high traffic social media destination developed to carry Lance Armstrong's message of leading a healthy active lifestyle. We inspire individuals to improve their lives through engaging interactive tools and the Web's most extensive library of health, fitness and nutrition articles, videos and databases. As a developer on the LIVESTRONG.COM team you will work on new features and enhancements for the site and the LIVESTRONG DailyPlate iPhone application which was recently ranked #1 in the 'Health & Fitness' category in Apple's download store.
- Extensive experience developing web applications in PHP 5
- Solid understanding of OO programming and MVC frameworks
- Strong foundation in MySQL & relational databases
- Experience working in a high traffic, high performance web environment a big plus
- A passion to learn, do, and grow
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of professional experience developing web software. However, if you don't have quite that much job experience but are confident you meet the above desired skills please submit your resume anyways. We love giving brilliant people the opportunity to learn and grow with us.
About the Position :
LIVESTRONG.COM has a no-nonsense approach to getting things done. We use the latest technologies, release often and early, encourage creativity over conformity, and reward initiative.
- Learn from a team of industry veterans with experience working on the web's most popular sites
- Pair Programming sessions with experienced engineers to exchange ideas and learn.
- Challenge Yourself with exciting projects in a fast-paced, high traffic environment.
- Open Source friendly & encouraged
- Exposure to exciting new platforms like iPhone & mobile development
- Growth and Leadership opportunities for hard working, proactive team members.
- Make a Difference as you watch your work change the lives of others
Demand Media is revolutionizing the Internet, and we want you to be part of the team that is defining the next generation of media. We are a privately held company founded in May 2006 based in Santa Monica, CA, with offices in Bellevue, WA, Seattle, WA and Austin, TX. Among Demand Media's many web properties are: eHow.com, Cracked.com, ExpertVillage.com, LIVESTRONG.com, ChannelME.TV and many more. For more information visit us at www.demandmedia.com.
Our downtown Santa Monica promenade offices provide an excellent work environment.
What we Offer:
- Competitive Salaries
- 2 weeks PTO/vacation, 4 sick days and 4 personal days
- Relocation Assistance
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and other benefits
- Excellent work environment
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.