Pascal Martin has posted his latest summary of topics and conversations from August on the php.internals mailing list.
I’ve been quite busy in August (and I’ve taken some holidays, during which I pretty much had no Internet access, which doesn’t help), and I haven’t been able to write my digest of internals@ for July 2014 in due time. Instead of writing it now and keeping getting late for August’s one, I’ve chosen to skip my digest of July - and to write August’s one, which you can read below.
He summarizes the around 700 messages on the list in August, including a graph showing them broken out over the days of the month. Topics up for discussion in August included:
- the first Release Candidate of PHP 5.3.29 and the PHP 5.3.29 final release (EOL for 5.3)
- release plans (bugfixes) for PHP 5.4
- the release of PHP 5.6 was getting close
- a thread wondering if they should do one last 5.x version before the release of PHP 7
- the conversation around the RFC for moving the phpng branch into master,
Check out the full post for the details on each of these and more of the happenings on the internals list during August.