Next Internet is seeking an Engineering Manager for one of our fast growing companies in San Francisco, who is experienced in Internet marketing and advertising network startups with a keen interest in building out the world’s best transaction platform. You will be responsible for building and developing the DNA within the company. The individual will be a key member of the engineering management team and will have substantial financial and career development upside.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter and possess competitive technical and communication skills to carry out his/her job assignments. The successful candidate is expected to have minimum of 4 years of solid working experience with Internet advertising application architect/developer and will have be extremely hands-on and be willing to get "dirty" to help the business grow.
We are currently developing a pre and post transaction platform for our client's customers all over the world. These range from order abandonment notifications, order shipment notifications, to promotional offers, to highly personalized recommendations. The Technology Platform team is responsible for all systems related to generation to our customers world-wide.
The systems include:
- Our core internal automated system, responsible for prioritizing, scheduling and campaigns every day. These campaigns are generated by both completely automated personalized targeting systems as well as by individual retail merchandisers across the company.
- Our marketing and segmentation tools used by hundreds of business and technical users across the company.
- Our outbound infrastructure.
- The ideal candidate will have strong development skills, with experience in designing and architecting scalable high-performance systems and services that are also flexible, reliable and maintainable
- Extensive Startup Experience
- Experience with transport systems such as Strongmail, PowerMTA, Lyris, etc
- Experience with LAMP open source deployments and ecommerce technology: PHP, Perl, Python, MySQL, Postgres, Ruby, etc
- They will have excellent problem-solving skills, a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, along with a quantitative mindset
- Database skills and experience with large-scale multi-tiered distributed systems are also highly desired
This position offers a competitive base salary and bonus program, stock options, and other comprehensive benefits.If you want to work at a company where numbers continue to grow exponentially in every positive aspect, the environment/culture is awesome, the people are friendly and are constantly smiling, laughing, and actually look forward to going into work every day, this is the place to be!
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to jobs [at] this site. Please put "Engineering Manager" in the subject field. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.