Next Internet Seeks Engineering Manager (San Francisco, CA)
September 11, 2007 @ 11:09:00
voice your opinion now!
As posted on Terry Chay's blog:
||San Francisco, CA
Next Internet is seeking an Engineering Manager for one of our fast growing companies in San Francisco, who is experienced in Internet marketing and advertising network startups with a keen interest in building out the world's best transaction platform. You will be responsible for building and developing the DNA within the company. The individual will be a key member of the engineering management team and will have substantial financial and career development upside.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter and possess competitive technical and communication skills to carry out his/her job assignments. The successful candidate is expected to have minimum of 4 years of solid working experience with Internet advertising application architect/developer and will have be extremely hands-on and be willing to get "dirty" to help the business grow.
We are currently developing a pre and post transaction platform for our client's customers all over the world. These range from order abandonment notifications, order shipment notifications, to promotional offers, to highly personalized recommendations. The Technology Platform team is responsible for all systems related to generation to our customers world-wide.
The systems include:
- Our core internal automated system, responsible for prioritizing, scheduling and campaigns every day. These campaigns are generated by both completely automated personalized targeting systems as well as by individual retail merchandisers across the company.
- Our marketing and segmentation tools used by hundreds of business and technical users across the company.
- Our outbound infrastructure.
- The ideal candidate will have strong development skills, with experience in designing and architecting scalable high-performance systems and services that are also flexible, reliable and maintainable
- Extensive Startup Experience
- Experience with transport systems such as Strongmail, PowerMTA, Lyris, etc
- Experience with LAMP open source deployments and ecommerce technology: PHP, Perl, Python, MySQL, Postgres, Ruby, etc
- They will have excellent problem-solving skills, a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, along with a quantitative mindset
- Database skills and experience with large-scale multi-tiered distributed systems are also highly desired
This position offers a competitive base salary and bonus program, stock options, and other comprehensive benefits.If you want to work at a company where numbers continue to grow exponentially in every positive aspect, the environment/culture is awesome, the people are friendly and are constantly smiling, laughing, and actually look forward to going into work every day, this is the place to be!
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to jobs [at] this site. Please put "Engineering Manager" in the subject field. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Next Internet Seeks Senior Software Engineer (San Francisco, CA)
July 13, 2007 @ 10:31:00
voice your opinion now!
||San Francisco, CA
||Senior Software Engineer
Next Internet creates, builds and operates Internet businesses. We are well-funded and have an experienced management team that has built several highly successful internet companies. Please visit www.nextinternet.com for more information.
Next Internet is seeking a full-time Senior Software Engineer for one of our fast growing companies in San Francisco.
- Develop web applications and services
- Apply industry best-practice software standards and technology to complex business problems
- Help set-up and maintain development, test and production environments
- 4+ years of experience in design and development of commercial web applications on multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of OOP principles and practices (UML a plus)
- Outstanding skills as a PHP 5 developer
- Current experience with MySQL.
- Current experience with the LAMP stack (PHP 5)
- Experience working with an MVC framework.
- Experience with Java, Ruby on Rails, and/or object oriented C++ a plus
- Experience with XML and REST XML Web Services
- Experience with AJAX a plus.
- Ability to work on a small team, in a start-up environment
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and have a flexible, positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills is a must!
- Must be team-oriented, with an interest and willingness to help develop and mentor the engineering team as it grows.
- Strong working knowledge of build and source code control tools (subversion).
- Familiarity with LINUX and scripting/data manipulation tools (sh, perl, python).
This position offers a competitive base salary and bonus program, stock options, and other comprehensive benefits.
If you want to work at a company where numbers continue to grow exponentially in every positive aspect, the environment/culture is awesome, the people are friendly and are constantly smiling, laughing, and actually look forward to going into work every day, this is the place to be!
For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Senior Software Engineer" in the subject field. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Don't see your event here?
Let us know!