We are currently looking for a Lead PHP Developer / Project Manager to work in our Midtown Manhattan office. This position is responsible for helping manage software and development projects for our company's Web division. This person will be driving a variety of intranet and external projects through the complete development life cycle, from initiation to completion, working closely with Director of Technology and various departments with in the company. The emphasis is on enhancing existing applications and platforms, as well as creating and deploying new web based applications and platforms.
- Work with a close knit development team that applies open source web technologies to deliver online media projects and applications
- Focus on creating the next generation of interactive media applications
- Take a leadership role, providing guidance to junior and mid-level developers.
- Research new platforms and architecture to support current and future business requirements.
- Develop, maintain and support large, high-availability, web based internal applications and reporting tools; support high-traffic commercial websites
- Learn and understand existing platforms and create transition or support plans
- Develop and maintain feature add-ons as well as new web applications based on the existing platforms
- Define and manage the overall project lifecycle process
- Establish communication plans for assigned projects
- Function as the primary point of contact for client management.
- 5+ years experience building and tuning secure, scalable database-driven high volume Web sites (Online Media Web experience is a plus)
- Expert-level Object Oriented Design and Programming skills
- Working knowledge of entire product lifecycle from scoping to maintenance
- Strong knowledge of PHP 4, PHP 5, and PHP Frameworks (Smarty)
- Strong Technical skills using Oracle and MySQL database platforms
- Experience with revision control systems such as Subversion or CVS
- Demonstrated use and knowledge of design patterns.
- 2+ years of progressive experience in project management
- Four-year degree from a university or college (mandatory)
- Experience working in an environment using standard methodologies and governance frameworks
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills, ability to think creatively and solve complex technical problems
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills in order to effectively partner with the technologies and business communities
- Track record of establishing and maintaining a positive, team-oriented work environment.
Send resume to: resumes [at] techresourcesinc.com