Money-Media, Inc., a vibrant financial content firm in midtown Manhattan, seeks a talented and dedicated Senior PHP Developer. The Senior PHP Developer will work as a key member in our bright internal development group.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of professional experience programming PHP applications in a production LAMP environment. We are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly person who values small company culture and teamwork. This person should be a self-starter and be forward thinking.
- passionate about new technologies
- dedicated to solving problems elegantly and innovatively
- a leader in the field of Internet technology and PHP development
- a developer who understands business
- big picture thinker with attention to details and appreciation for analysis
- sociable, for a techie, and you speak in a human voice
- a developer who consistently delivers and keeps up to date on best practices/standards and programming methods
- to build world class websites with dynamic UIs, produce mobile content and communities, leveraging web services, xml, xhtml, OO PHP and (of course) 'Ajax'
- work with a team of talented and enthusiastic developers
- a chance to shape outsourced teams and projects
- to drive business growth through technology initiatives
- to have a positive daily impact on a group of loyal subscribers
- to take all that you have learned so far and put it to good use while learning more
- a fun, collaborative team of web professionals with expert level skills
- the opportunity to build web based business applications and publications user-centric techniques
- a fast paced, dynamic, iterative development environment
- career development via day to day code and project implementation and academically via conferences/classes/training
- an organization that values coding skills and personal initiative: your ideas will make a difference
- top notch compensation and benefits including gift budgets and work/life balance
- a small company feel with an absence of politics
- a convenient central midtown location near Times Square
We would like you to be:
- experienced developing web sites and applications using object-oriented PHP 5, XML and MySQL
- familiarity with Zend, MVC, templating, caching, sessions, and authentication
- experienced with SQL
- excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- aware of web standards, their purpose, benefits and appropriateness
- business aptitude and customer focus
And so, send us: (these are all requirements to be considered)
- a cover letter with a brief overview of your skills and your ideal position
- your salary requirements
- a code sample of a project you built and delivered that illustrates your skills
- a copy of your resume, ideally this will contain links to your online portfolio or at least some links to sites you've worked on
- Send all of this to: email@example.com and let's see if we can do good things together.
Money-Media (http://www.money-media.com) is a privately-held, New York-based company that publishes online and print content for leaders in the financial services industry and in corporate boardrooms. We are an entrepreneurial group that emphasizes initiative, positive thinking, continual improvement and resiliency in our work culture. Our website is www.money-media.com.