Envoy International provides Intellectual Property (IP) legal services to law firms from around the world via the Envoy website. The website is effectively a sophisticated application that lets lawyers instruct and manage their cases online. We have legal services in-house, as well as an extensive network of legal suppliers that covers every jurisdiction in the world. We officially launched on the 1st July 2009 and are now looking to really expand our online capabilities. As such, we are building an in-house team of designers, integrators and developers.
The Senior Developer role will play an important part in specifying our in-house technology requirements and developing exciting new features for the system. The successful candidate will have excellent verbal communication skills and good attention to detail. Most likely the successful candidate will be someone who has a computer science background with/or considerable industry experience.
- working with the development team leader and designer/integrator to understand Envoy's business requirements.
- contributing to the strategic development and specifications for improvements to the online system.
- specifying and maintaining the internal systems and hardware required for the in-house development team.
- managing our servers and the relationship with our external hosting company.
- management of junior developers (as/if required).
- ensuring that all work is backed-up on a regular basis.
- testing and trouble-shooting.
- first class PHP/MySQL programming skills. Additional programming skills (eg AJAX) would be an advantage.
- considerable experience working within a LAMP development environment.
- experience using version control and disciplined software development methodologies.
- excellent systems/sever/DBA skills and experience.
- a willingness to employ code documentation/commenting practices.
- staff management skills would be an advantage.
This is a full time position and an opportunity to work on a large, sophisticated, ongoing international project. The salary range will be dependent on the skills, experience, and expectation of the individual applicant. In addition to the salary, Envoy also offers the employee several benefits such as life insurance, pension policies, and the opportunity for ongoing professional development.
Please submit your CV and a letter of application to email@example.com. Please ensure that you also include links to projects that you have directly contributed to. We are looking to establish our in-house development team as quickly as possible, as such, interviews of potentially suitable candidates will take place as soon as possible after an appropriate application is received. It is likely that our interview process will be in two parts, with the second part involving the review/discussion of a hypothetical brief.
If you require any additional information or clarification, don't hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.