Apex Systems is a leading provider of technical and professional staffing solutions to Fortune 1000 and mid-sized clients across North America. With a core focus on Information Technology, Business Applications, Accounting & Finance, Legal, Telecommunications, and Engineering, and a proven recruiting model, Apex Systems has become one of the most in-demand staffing companies around for providing short-term, long-term, and temp-to-perm staffing solutions.
Apex Systems is looking for a PHP developer to work onsite at a large healthcare client of ours in Tampa, FL.
You will be designing and building systems on a PHP / MySQL platform. You will be improving existing functionality and building new features and systems. You will be involved in every step of the process including design, implementation, deployment, support and maintenance.
- Designs and constructs web pages/sites including incorporating graphic user interface (GUI) features and other techniques.
- Maintains and provides ongoing design of the website.
- Interviews clients to help them clarify goals.
- Designs digitized images, banners, bullets, charts, image maps and other graphics to enhance appearance of site.
- Applies knowledge of programming techniques and computer internet systems.
- Custom tailors a plan for site using combination of graphic and written material, and modifies proposal as necessary.
- Writes, or edits and formats, copy to present message effectively.
- Designs screen displays to accomplish goals of site.
- Provides specifications, using flowcharts and diagrams, into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language that can be processed by computer.
- Converts project specifications into sequence of detailed instructions and logical steps for coding into language that can be processed by computer, applying knowledge of computer programming techniques and computer languages.
- Applies knowledge of database design standards and database management.
- Programs, runs and tests programs.
- Determines if project requires new programs or modifying existing programs that access data stored in databases.
- Replaces, deletes, or modifies codes to correct errors.
- Writes documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Assists in solving operating problems with site.
- Reads manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn ways to develop programs.
- Manages version control s/w including test to production promotion model.
- Modifies/compiles underlying system components (e.g. Apache, )
- Designs and implements new databases.
- Generally supervised environment.
- Effort requires following well-defined standards.
- Decisions and actions may affect programs or projects.
- Budgets own time to carry out assigned duties.
- Multiple but similar tasks requiring some choices from among clearly defined alternatives.
- Differing but recurring problems and/or duties.
- Required procedural proficiency and attention to policies and guidelines.
- Thinking may be guided by standard practices.
- Key benchmark: procedural proficiency, thinking guided by standard practices.
- Individual performance of or supervision of several different activities usually in a single function.
- Requires integration and coordination of work.
- E-Commerce and/or highly transactional databases
- UNIX exp w/Sun/Solaris or Linux
- Object Oriented Programming
- LAMP and PDF.Lib a plus
Please send your CV to Pbuell@apexsystemsinc.com , including phpdelevoper.org in the subject of your email.