On SixRevisions.com there's a recent article aimed at the new to mid-ranged PHP developers out there (with some good refreshers for the seasoned developers) about ten things you can do to become a better PHP developer.
In this article, I’ll share with you ten things I wish I was told when I was just getting started with PHP development, and I’m hoping you’ll be able to learn a thing or two if you’re just taking your first steps into this awesome web development language.
Suggestions that made their list include:
- Use PHP Core Functions and Classes
- Create a Configuration File
- Always Sanitize Data That Will Go into Your Database
- Don’t Over-Comment Your Code
- Use a Good Source Editor to Save You Time
- Connect with Other PHP Developers
Be sure to check out the comments for more great suggestions from other developers.