Do you have a passion for open-source technology? Are you a whiz at PHP and MySQL? Red Ventures, an online marketing company headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, offers an exciting, high-energy work environment. As a rapid application development company, we minimize over-engineering and empower you to make decisions and manage tasks.
Red Ventures has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Charlotte by the Charlotte Business Journal and has spent the last 2 years in the Top 25 of the Inc 500. The North Carolina Technology Association awarded Red Ventures with the Fastest Growing Technology Company in the state - what a great place to take your web development career to the next level. Our employees enjoy oversized, hexagonal work spaces. You'll be equipped with a desktop Linux as well as a laptop Windows development environment, and receive as many 19" and 24" monitors as you need. Dress is casual - jeans and t-shirts are just fine. Free weekly lunch-and-learn sessions provide opportunities for ongoing training.
Perks include an exceptional benefits package, 70% paid gym membership, exclusive product and service discounts, and discounts at local restaurants and businesses. You'll also enjoy frequent team reward activities ranging from go-karting to happy hours to four-day excursions to Cancun, Mexico. Are you getting all this from your current employer?
Typical daily activities:
- Work along other senior developers to provide PHP programming and functionality for a wide variety of consumer related websites, intranets, extranets, and web-based applications
- Be challenged on a daily basis to solve problems in new and creative ways
- Design, evaluate, update, and maintain object oriented applications in PHP
- Share your opinions and insights with business leaders on a daily basis in order to affect rapid decision cycles and effective solutions to business requirements
- Translate vague business requirements into tangible and accurate technical requirements as well as anticipate future requirements within the design of new systems
What we look for in you:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Sciences or similar field
- 5+ years of solid PHP and MySQL development
- The willingness to learn from a team of world-class developers
- The ability to translate business requirements into system design
- Successful track record of working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Exceptional debugging skills and the ability to easily and quickly read and modify existing code
- Sense of humor!
For more information or to submit your resume, see http://tbe.taleo.net/NA7/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=REDVENTURES&cws=1&rid=20