We are seeking an experienced PHP Application Developer with serious chops and mentorship/team-building skills to develop and lead a team in the creation of new, enterprise level applications for our large client base.
We are looking for a high energy, self-starter who loves to create usable applications. You must be able to participate and lead others in all areas of the software development lifecycle, including gathering requirements, writing specifications, programming, testing, documentation, etc...
- 5+ years of professional application development experience in PHP
- Experience with PHP frameworks
- Work with the senior engineers to provide clear leadership in technical design and architecture of Betfair US software systems
- Excellent system architecture and application/database design skills
- Skilled in working with large databases and writing high performance, scalable applications
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and manage work in order to meet critical timelines
- Strong hands on skills in - PHP, RoR, Java, Flash, AMFPhP, memcached, memqueue, + at least one of LAMP stack environments
- Relational Databases and SQL ( MySQL, Oracle, logical design and stored procedures).
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team of engineers
- Deep experience building Distributed Large Scale Systems focused on highly available websites
- Proven ability to operate effectively at the senior level
- Exceptional motivator and technical leader
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
Candidate must be prepared to demonstrate skills by providing code samples or take tests to demonstrate ability to document your experience in significant prior projects.
Vermont Information Processing is a software and services company that serves he beverage industry. Our software applications handle all business functions for a beverage distributor including inventory management, order processing, sales reporting and financial management. We offer a full benefits package that includes health, 401k, ESOP, profit sharing and on-site childcare. We are located just outside of Burlington, VT.
For more infromation or to submit your resume, contact Teresa Langston at Teresa.Langston@vtinfo.com or by phone 802-655-9400 ext. 2718 or cell phone at 802-498-7310.