QuinStreet is a private, growing online direct marketing company headquartered in Foster City, California. Founded in 1999, the company currently employs over 500 professionals and boasts consistent profitability, making it one of the best-performing private companies in Silicon Valley. QuinStreet's Online Media Publishing Team produces high-quality online magazines and product showcases across a broad range of industries.
We are looking for an exceptionally intelligent, talented and enthusiastic Senior Web Developer to drive development of the Publishing Team's suite of content-rich online properties. This position will work closely with the Web Producers and Technical Managers to innovate and create Web applications and widgets.
The major responsibilities of the Senior PHP Developer will be:
- Leading a team of Web developers to design, develop, and debug Web applications
- Using creativity to innovate new products (widgets, wizards, tools, controls) to enhance Web user experience
- Keeping up with new Internet standards and Web technologies (Web 2.0, AJAX, Ruby on Rails, etc.)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Expertise in working with PHP and MySQL
- Familiarity with the CodeIgniter MVC for PHP a plus
- Hands-on experience with web application architecture and relational database design
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing (SEM)
- Exposure to other server-side scripting languages such as JSP, ASP, CFM
- Exposure to object-oriented languages such as Java and Microsoft .NET
- Familiarity with the LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Knowledge of best practices for cross-platform, cross-browser compatibility
- Professional experience building database-driven web applications and websites
- 3+ years professional web development experience
- 1+ years managerial experience
- CS or technical degree preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong presentation, communication, and collaboration skills, enabling knowledge share within team and across teams
- Positive attitude and professionalism in the workplace
- Unrestricted legal authorization to work directly for any company in the U.S.
- A great sense of humor is always appreciated
QuinStreet is an EEO Employer.
resumes should be submitted to email@example.com