Shotfarm.com Seeks Director of Development (Chicago, IL)
November 18, 2010 @ 13:08:30
voice your opinion now!
||Director of Development
We're looking for a Director of Development to oversee continued development of a SaaS
B2B platform for the exchange of media assets. The Director of Development will supervise
all application and website development projects from conception to completion. As with
many startups, this applicant will be willing to wear many of the hats of his/her future
team such as Systems Administrator, front- and back-end Developer, and occasional Customer
Support. This team leader will need a proven background in both development and project
management and will have a true entrepreneurial spirit and be up for the rewards of an
exciting, funded internet startup.
- Lead a team of web developers to maintain and improve an innovative SaaS website.
- Full-cycle ownership of application development including:
- Gathering requirements and scoping projects.
- Recommendation of development approach.
- Prioritization and distribution of development tasks.
- Creation of and adherence to a strict development schedule based on Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Management of and participation in all quality control and functionality testing plans.
- Deployment of updates to live site through SVN.
- Work with management team to understand functionality requirements and write business and technical specifications documents.
- First responder to any live site issues.
- Handle all System Admin duties and interaction with hosting provider.
- Maintain server environment.
- Develop and document best practices for web development.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current and emerging technologies and solutions.
- 8+ years of web development and project management.
- Solid understanding of and proficiency in PHP, MySQL, Apache in Linux environment.
- 3+ years experience with image serving, such as Getty Images, Scene7 or similar, with particular focus on the Retail industry.
- Strong team management experience
- Successful track record of analyzing requirements, putting together estimates, and delivering projects successfully and on schedule.
- 8+ years of relational database design.
- Expert understanding of subversion
- Experience with Content Management Systems, including WordPress.
- Good knowledge of CSS.
- Live samples of prior development efforts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the desire to work directly with technical and non-technical (business side) staff.
- Enjoy working in a team environment.
- A creative mind that can produce unique strategies and ideas for future functionality.
- Demonstrable critical thinking and problem solving abilities
Submit resumes and information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't see your event here?
Let us know!