On the Designer Daily blog there's a recent post sharing eight simple bits of code you can use in your WordPress site to help make your theme even better.
Blog engine or CMS, call it whatever you want but WordPress is a great tool for web designers. It just get a little hard to use sometimes when you want to do some more advanced things in your theme and you are not a coder. Here are 8 snippets of code that have helped me in recent projects.
The eight snippets they share show how to include:
- Include post thumbnail in RSS feed
- Next & Previous Post Titles With Thumbnails
- Search Specific Category in WordPress
- List top 10 authors of the blog with their last post
- Automatically insert content in your RSS feed
- Display a Comment's Number in a List
- Display your most commented posts in your blog sidebar
- Excluding Posts from Your WordPress Feed
Each item links back to the full recipe it came from.