Reinhold Weber has put together a list of signs (40 in all on his "programming list of shame") that you're a lousy PHP programmer. Here's a sampling:
- don't see the need and/or benefits of a good programming IDE like Zend Studio or Eclipse PDT
- have never used some form of version control like Subclipse
- don't use a consistent methodology
- don't use test-driven development
- don't return content but echo or print it from your functions or classes
- return HTML, not data, strings, or objects.
- don't allow intelligent error handling
- you think reusable software equals/requires your code to be OOP
Now granted, some of them are a bit more high level than others, but if you're not headed towards a lot of these, you might change paths, hop out of that comfort zone and branch out into the community and the language a little bit more.