This full-time, on site position with the Product Development team is responsible for the development and support of Kavi's products, including design specifications, code implementation, and the ongoing support of released products. The Product Dev. Engineer works closely with other team members throughout all stages of the product development life cycle to ensure well engineered solution are provided to Kavi's customers.
- Develop well engineered applications that are functional, maintainable and meet the requirements defined by product management
- Participate in the creation of a design specification, including data modeling and functional behavior
- Responsible for all engineering aspects of the applications, including security, scalability, maintainability, and performance
- Work as member of product development team to produce quality products.
- A BS in Software Engineering or a relevant discipline
- Familiar with Linux and experience with open source components (LAMP - Linux Apache MySQL Python/PHP/Perl)
- Professional experience of at least three years with two or more programming languages, at least one of which stresses object oriented design (Python, Java, C++, etc)
- Professional experience with object oriented design methodologies and languages.
- Familiarity with web standards, (HTML, XML, CSS, etc).
- Zope/Python experience is a plus
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a small team on multiple projects.
Kavi is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should apply online.