HowStuffWorks.com Seeks UI Developer (Atlanta, GA)
January 11, 2011 @ 09:25:15
voice your opinion now!
- Develops new software and works on various associated development tasks in accordance with pertinent established standards under a team leader.
- Participates in code reviews as needed and as assigned by their respective project team leads and PMs
- Reports time and work effort progress to PM and team leads according to established company standards and/or as needed and requested
- Provides input into project technology issues and direction to their respective project team leads as appropriate
- Ability to accurately render level of effort estimates based on information known at the time that estimate is required.
- Monitor bug tracking (Jira) queue for tasks and update tasks with relevant information in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that the sanctioned project and development process are followed and note exceptions as necessary.
- Participate in meetings with other personnel, including QA,Product, Architecture, Publishing Operations, and management.
- Read and review functional specifications and test cases to ensure accuracy and develop understanding of business requirements.
- Mentor less senior developers
- Recommend competitive advantages gained by emerging technologies.
- This position requires successfully independent collaboration and with others both internally and externally with other departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years PHP and object oriented programming
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a minimum of 5 years software development experience in relevant development languages and technical platforms.
- Ability to work independently to finish tasks of medium duration
- Willingness and ability to write documentation, including but not limited to, technical specifications and use cases.
- Ability to read and understand code written in a variety of technologies:
- Fundamental understanding of mySQL.
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- CSS1, CSS2 and knowledge of individual browsers implementation
- Familiarity with W3C recommendations
- A strong grasp of current browser technology with an eye towards the future
- Understanding of differences between web image formats
- Basic understanding of typography, colors and layout
- Good technical writing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Unix experience
- Willingness to adapt to the company coding / formatting standard
- Front end design with back end experience
- JQuery experience
- Social media integration (OpenGraph, etc.).
- Database design and optimization experience
- Architecture experience
- Design Patterns
- Experience with enterprise level caching
To apply please use this link as well as email Brian Gibbins at email@example.com
Don't see your event here?
Let us know!