HUGE Seeks Freelance Zend/WordPress Developer (Brooklyn, NY)
February 10, 2010 @ 21:42:54
voice your opinion now!
||Freelance Developer (ZEND PHP/WordPress)
HUGE is a leading interactive agency that specializes in building sustainable online businesses for some of the smartest and most demanding companies in the world. Founded in 1999, HUGE has developed a unique methodology and culture that combines the most relevant aspects of research, design, marketing and technology to meet client objectives. The online businesses designed and developed by HUGE generate over $8.3 billion in online revenue a year and are visited by over 150 million unique visitors a month. HUGE is headquartered in Brooklyn, NY with offices in Los Angeles, Stockholm and London. Clients include IKEA, JetBlue Airways, Walt Disney Company, iVillage, Time Inc., Target and CNN.
The Freelance ZEND PHP/WordPress Developer will participate in development efforts on projects for external clients. He or she will work with the account team, interaction designers, and graphic designers to design and build interactive solutions for clients. He or she will be responsible for working on the software design as well as building, testing, debugging and troubleshooting programs and scripts for various functions, and modifying existing code to add new features.
- The ideal candidate should have experience creating highly trafficked websites with high volumes of traffic
- Strong Object Oriented Programming skills and familiarity with languages such as Java and C#
- Strong PHP experience, specifically with PHP 5
- 3+ years of WordPress with strong knowledge of WordPress plugins and architecture
- Overall experience with LAMP and open source in general
- Good database skills and the ability to create and reverse engineer an ERD
- Experience with mySQL 5 and other RDBMS preferably Oracle or MS SQL Server
- Strong CMS experience with systems such as Alfresco, Interwoven, Documentum or Drupal
- Strong CMS Workflow experience
- Experience writing web services
- Experience creating REST based architectures
- Experience using ZEND PHP Framework
- Experience creating applications from the ground up
- Back-end development - Everything is processed at the application layer so they will not be writing Stored Procedures but must understand relational database concepts
- Experience in an Agile development environment - the product development is more of a waterfall environment
- Experience mentoring other developers
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and love technical challenges
- Must be self-motivated, and able to multi-task
- Must be able to take initiative to be productive and efficient
HUGE is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
To apply, please click here:
Freelancers Union Seeks Web Developer (Brooklyn, NY)
January 21, 2010 @ 20:29:45
voice your opinion now!
||Brooklyn, NY (DUMBO)
Freelancers Union, a national non-profit organization, represents the needs and concerns of today's independent workforce through advocacy, information and service. We are passionate about our mission to improve working life for independent workers - a community representing 30% of the U.S workforce. And we're the people behind all those insurance ads with the beehive that you see on the New York subways.
We are seeking well-rounded and experienced Web Developers to create and maintain various online products and services. We work with a diverse set of technologies and our projects span multiple domains - from health insurance to political action.
You should have experience with:
- Python, Java or PHP5
- Database design and SQL
- (Obviously!) Developing for the web (working knowledge of HTTP, caching, sessions, etc.)
- Developing in a Linux environment
- Administering web servers (specifically Apache or Lighttpd)
It would be great if you also knew about:
- Application deployment and maintenance with Make, Maven, setuptools, and simple shell scripts
- Frameworks like web.py, Django, Restlet, and Spring
- Back-end queuing/messaging - ActiveMQ
- Progressive enhancement techniques / graceful degradation
Lastly, you'll get special consideration if:
- you are an electronic toy instrument virtuoso
- you can make a delicious grilled cheese
- you have uncanny accuracy with Nerf weapons
If we sound like an organization in which you can develop and thrive, please email your resume with a cover letter including salary requirement to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes without cover letter/salary requirement will not be considered.
Our offices are located in DUMBO, one stop in Brooklyn off the A, C or F and one block from the East River and Fulton-Ferry State Park.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.freelancersunion.org/
OmniTI Seeks PHP Talent (Brooklyn, NY)
January 04, 2008 @ 10:25:00
voice your opinion now!
OmniTI is looking for PHP developers to join our new office in Brooklyn.
Located in DUMBO (home of
world-famous Grimaldi's Pizzeria),
OmniTI's NY office is located in the heart of a vibrant neighborhood, and this is just one of the many
perks you can enjoy as part of our team. Other benefits include 3 weeks
of vacation (for starters), a generous conference allowance, and of course the chance to work with many
of the thought leaders in the PHP community. Among our staff, we have authored 8 books, given hundreds of
conference presentations, and have a higher density of open source contributors than almost any company in
the world. We love what we do. We love where we work. We want you to love it, too. If you'd like to drop
by for a visit and discuss our open positions, please contact Chris
Don't see your event here?
Let us know!