In a response to a response (from Arnold Daniels) on his article on the ActiveRecord pattern in PHP, Flinn Mueller has come back once again with more comments, both in response and to share some more opinion on the matter.
Today I saw a big traffic increase from my PHP and ActiveRecord post. It looks like PHPDeveloper posted a link to the article and response, so I've written a response to the Arnold's wor(l)ds response post. Arnold's post is insightful, references runkit and has a good implementation of a Sortable tasklist example in PHP.
Flinn breaks it out into a few different topics - things like:
- Ruby objects are (native) Ruby objects
- a brief look at "lineage" for both PHP and Ruby
- The usefulness of Ruby mix-ins
- Issues with static inheritance in PHP
- and some of his suggestions on what PHP6 really needs