As the successful applicant, you have a mixed skill set consisting of both a Linux systems administration and PHP software development. You have experience deploying, administering and maintaining Linux based web and database servers. You are able to design and build dynamic database driven web applications using open source resources. You are eager to work in a results driven environment and have excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- PHP development of PostgreSQL and MySQL database driven web applications in a Linux environment
- Support and refine existing web applications
- Linux server administration supporting the following applications:
- MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Asterisk PBX
- Working with the Sr. Systems Administrator to maintain office network infrastructure including:
- Development servers
- Open LDAP
- Asterisk phone system
- XP and Ubuntu user workstations
- Team Support
- Receiving and responding to technical questions and providing support to non-technical team members in a respectful, accurate and thorough manner
- Communicating regularly with the Manager of Technology to ensure complete understanding of how projects and tasks are to be prioritized
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2-3 years dynamic web site development applications/programming experience in PHP, working in a Linux environment
- Strong database knowledge using MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Experience administrating Apache web servers (SSL, vhost, 10+ million hits/day)
- Understanding of common network security exploits and their remedies
- Understanding of NFS and Samba file services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to clearly report to managers and to coordinate well with other technical and business development team members
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of SIP VoIP systems a strong asset, particularly Asterisk PBX systems
- SQL application and database performance tuning
- Experience administrating a Linux, Red Hat or Fedora network
- Hardware and software RAID
To apply, please email cover letter and resume referencing "Intermediate Developer/Systems Administrator" outlining why you want to join the Neverblue Media team and salary expectations to: email@example.com.
We would like to thank all applicants for your interest however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Recruitment for this position will be ongoing until we find the most suitable candidate.