Now that this year's OSCON has been drawn to a close, numerous bloggers are posting their perspectives on the event, and the latest of these is this new post from Chris Shiflett.
Several of my colleagues at OmniTI and I just returned from our trip to Portland for this year's OSCON. It's difficult to summarize such a conference in a single blog post, so I'll probably be blogging quite a bit over the next couple of weeks in an attempt to catch up as well as expand on a few things.
In his lengthy post today, Chris covers his experiences at the conference as well as some of the highlights:
- Monday's PHP-related talks: Scalable Internet Architectures, Power PHP Testing, High Performance PHP, and Essential PHP Security
- Wednesday's talks: Dirty Secrets of PHP 5's Ext/SOAP Extension, the PHP Lightning talks, and PHP 6 and Unicode
- Thursday's talks included: Rasmus' Get Rich with PHP 5 talk, I'm 200, You're 200: Codependency in the Age of the Mash-Up, and the PHP Security Testing talk from Chris
- Other talks included Writing Maintainable Code with PHP and Understanding ZFramework
- and, of course, "The Underpants Gnomes Strategy Guide: An eCards Case Study" from Terry Chay
This only touches on the things Chris mentions, so check out his post for the full story.