Tomas Vortuba has continued his series covering the changes in the Easy Coding Standard for Symfony-based applications and the changes in version 4. In this new article he covers the updates around line breaks and legacy fixes.
Legacy code prevention, lines automated and clear naming of classes in huge projects. That all is coming to Coding Standard 4 (still in alpha).
Are you curious what work will now these 4 news fixers handle for you? Look inside.
He then goes through each of the changes and includes both the configuration changes to use it and what code changes it will make:
- Let Coding Standard handle Line Length for You
- Choose Line Length to Match Your Display
- Keep Legacy Far Away with New ForbiddenStaticFunctionSniff
- Prevent & references with ForbiddenStaticFunctionSniff
- Clear Child Class Naming Once and For All with ClassNameSuffixByParentFixer
You can find out more about the standard in this project on GitHub.