The SitePoint PHP blog has a new tutorial today from editor Bruno Skvorc with some tips and tricks to help you master Composer, the widely popular PHP package management tool.
Composer has revolutionized package management in PHP. It upped the reusability game and helped PHP developers all over the world generate framework agnostic, fully shareable code. But few people ever go beyond the basics, so this post will cover some useful tips and tricks.
Tips in his list include:
- Installing Composer globally
- Using "composer require" to install packages
- Committing your composer.lock file
- Options to provide profiling information
- Speeding up Composer installations
...and many more. If you're looking to take your Composer usage and knowledge beyond the basics, definitely check out this article.