Vic Cherubini has a recent post on his site sharing for free the contents of a book he'd written previously about "Expert PHP Deployments":
In 2013 I wrote and self-published a book titled “Expert PHP Deployments”. While it was not a smashing success, it sold enough copies to pay for itself, and I was happy to have a published book to my name. Unfortunately, I have not had time to market it, update it, or further improve it, so I am giving it away for free. You can read the book in its entirety below or download it as a PDF.
The book covers a wide range of topics related to deploying PHP applications including:
- Environment configuration (setting up Vagrant for the developers)
- Working with the Phing automation tool
- Building deployments with Capistrano
- Creating and configuring a production server
- Ensuring the security of the server
- Making the actual deployment
The post has the full text of the book in one page but you can grab the PDF if you prefer that format.