There's a lot of lists out there that will tell you how to get the most out of your WordPress website, but this list is a little different. In this list Chris Roane gives you 150 ways that you can ruin your WordPress site (so that, hopefully, you can avoid them).
Here are some obvious and not so obvious ways to ruin your WordPress website. Some of these will also destroy the relationships with your family and friends. In fact, I guarantee that if you follow these 150 simple steps, you will have a horrible WordPress website and very few friends.
His list includes some "useful" suggestions like:
- Constantly change your permalink structure without creating 301 redirects. Google will love you for this.
- Put a bunch of keywords at the bottom of your page, making the font color match the background.
- Add music that auto plays on your website. Do not provide a way to turn it off.
- Make sure your contact and comment form are broken. If someone points this out to you, tell them it is because you get so much traffic.
- Display a different main navigation menu on every page load.
- Focus 100% on SEO, but don't worry about how your visitors feel about your site.
- Make some of your text look like links, but they are not click able.
- Require everyone who visits your website to first download a pirated eBook.
- Claim you have the #1 position for a popular search engine keyword.
And, of course, the most useful suggestion of them all - "Don't update your plugins or WordPress installation...ever."