NETTUTS.com has posted thirty tips and best practices they believe every PHP developer should learn to make their applications (and development process) better.
PHP is the most widely-used language for programming on the web. Here are thirty best practices for beginners wanting to gain a firmer grasp of the fundamentals.
Items in the list include:
- Turn on Error Reporting
- Learn the DRY Approach
- Comment, Comment, Comment
- Never, Ever Trust Your Users
- Use Output Buffering
- Cache Database-Driven Pages
- Use Static File Caching Systems
- Keep Functions Outside of Loops
You can check out the full list here.