On the Liip blog today Christian Stocker has posted about a few common issues developers seem to have with the upload progress meter extension and a few answers to help them out.
After I released uploadprogress 1.0.0 some days ago and finally declared it as stable, it's time to write that blogpost about some of the limitations and caveats one has to know.
The post links to a demo and answers a few different questions on issues such as:
- Running it on other modules than mod_php on Apache ( like fastcgi)
- Checking if files are too big
- The position and content of UPLOAD_IDENTIFIER within the form is important
- Why not use $_SESSION for the info?
- It segfaults, when I don't include UPLOAD_IDENTIFIER
See the PECL page for the extension for more information.