We are looking for an experienced PHP developer as a member of our web team. In this position, you will use our PHP framework to develop new web applications and extend existing ones.
You will also work on standalone web applications that are developed by the university in collaboration with other institutions and generally released for public use.
- 3+ years of PHP development experience.
- Experience with SQL, particularly MySQL.
- Knowledge of popular extensions to PHP, particularly the PEAR repository and Zend framework.
- Experience using AJAX libraries like script.aculo.us/Prototype or YUI.
- Familiarity with GNU/Linux-based server environments (LAMP) where the applications are hosted.
- Good German communication skills.
- Ability to work well in teams, to connect to others, to split and partition your work.
- Knowledge of university/educational environments and the typical challenges in this field.
- Some experience implementing custom functionality in existing systems, such as writing extensions for a CMS or plug-ins for systems with a plug-in architecture. This includes relying on API documentation and implementing according to a specification.
We can offer you:
- Your own place in a very motivated team.
- Freedom for your creativity.
- Friendly users that appreciate elegant solutions.
- An opportunity to grow with your responsibilities.
- Government-standard pension fund.
If this sounds like a good match for you, please get in touch with me at email@example.com (German is fine).