The Bakery has posted five new articles/tutorials for topics like customizing the view and sending emails a little differently:
- $anything_for_layout: Making HTML from the View available to the layout - Did you ever have a side navigation that you wanted to change based upon changes in the view? Using this helper, you can write HTML and other output for display in the layout
- css list-menu helper - A helper (method) to create a css formatable list-menu.
- ViewInFile component - Sometimes in needed to output a view in a file. Most of the time for debugging, but also for some web service (xml) where you might need to send (by mail as a copy) an xml file reflecting the answer of the webservice.
- ActAs Image column behavior - This behavior add new column to your model and allow to store images in file system. It can resize images, create several versions, and thubnails. After find model you got link to file for each record in model.
- Email Validation - email validation replacement for /cake/libs/validation.php
Check out The Bakery for even more great CakePHP-related content.