Off of the Avatar Financial site, there's a great list they've created to share a few things they've learned around a popular PHP framework - more specifically 21 things they've learned about CakePHP.
CakePHP is very new, so documentation beyond the basics is a bit sparse in areas. I built this website entirely using CakePHP and took notes along the way to share with others. While some of these items can be found in obvious places like the manual, others required a bit of elbow grease to figure out. My name is Matt Inman and your feedback is welcome, feel free to email me with questions or comments.
Things learned that are on the list include:
- Easily creating static pages
- Static pages - Adjusting other data sent to the layout
- Viewing the SQL queries that are running behind the scenes
- Using bake.php
- Complex model validation
- Creating a controller that uses other models
- Call exit() after redirecting