In another in their series of interviews about people and things happening in the PHP community, the 7php.com site has posted a sneak peak of the Pacific Northwest PHP Conference and interviews one of the organizers, Jeremy Lindblom.
Khayrattee Wasseem talks with Jeremy about some of his work with the Seattle PHP User Group and where he'll be working in the near future (the Engrade team at McGraw-Hill Education). He also answers questions about:
- What the conference is about and when it was first launched
- Where the idea came from and what some of the objectives are
- How the feedback has been so far
- Who else has been on the team helping organize the event (and provided advice)
- How they're handing sponsors and what challenges came around that
Jeremy also shares a message to thinking about attending the conference:
I honestly believe that everyone who attends, both in person and online is going to have a good experience, learn new things, and make new friends. My hope is that you will feel the strength of the PHP community and have a desire to contribute back to it afterwards.