Everyone in the PHP community (as is probably true all around the web) is buzzing about the new offering from Google - the Google Code Search. In the PHP community, the ones talking about it so far include:
- Chris Shiflett's look at the security aspect of the search
- Ilia Alshanetsky's take on the search as it possibly being a hacker's good friend
- Pierre-Alain Joye's searches for macros and the term "virtual_file_ex"
- Harry Fuecks' own search for superglobal-related issues
- Ivo Jansch's happy look into frustrations other developers have had (ex. this search)
- Martin Brotzeller's comments on the new tool
Check out this handy tool and see what you think. Does it provide too much access to code that needs to stay out of hacker's hands? Or does it promote the "open" in open source better than most of the tools out there?