Matthew Turland has posted the third part of his series looking at the features Magento, a popular PHP-based e-commerce application, has to offer. This time the focus is on browsing the catalog of available items.
This post is the third part of a series covering the feature set of the Magento PHP-based e-commerce package. In particular, it will review the catalog browsing features. Some of the features in this area are restricted to the Enterprise Edition of Magento. As such, reviewing them required accessing the demo for that edition on the Magento web site.
There's a long list of features that make up this section including things like:
- Layered / Faceted Navigation for Product Filtering in Categories
- Static Block Tool to Create Category Landing Pages
- Unique Design Per Product/Category
- Configurable Search with Auto-Suggested Terms
- Cross-sells, Up-sells, and Related Items
- Product Listing in Grid or List Format
Take a look at the rest of the post for more features and a summary of three larger issues he found when working with them.