Yakabod, a web software and services company, is located in a beautifully restored facility in Frederick, Maryland's historic district. We've experienced steady growth since starting in 2001. We've set our hearts on building a great company. Now we're looking for some great people to help fuel our growth. We need skilled a Software Test Engineer to join our Application Factory team.
We'll expect you to have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of QA, QA's goals, working with QA and non-QA groups, and extensive background in solid test coverage. You'll be responsible for providing Quality Assurance for the Yakabod KnowledgeWork application. This will include the creation of test suites and test harness for front and backend testing, API testing, automating UI test cases, defining test plans and test specifications, designing tools for automated performance testing, execution of test cases, and reporting product failures.
You'll work with development teams to ensure that a product is testable, that it is adequately unit tested, and that it can be automated even further in the test harness. You'll review design documents for adequate testing hooks, and implement mock objects and servers to help developers with their unit testing and to allow for testing of components individually. Following project milestones, you'll design, implement, document, and/or execute tests; evaluate and communicate results; develop API tests; and investigate product features (including ad hoc testing). You'll also work closely with developers in defect resolution and assist troubleshooting issues.
- 5-6 years of overall IT experience
- 3+ years software quality assurance testing
- 3+ years experience with automated test tools and load testing packages (especially any PHP related testing tools i.e. PHPUnit)
- 2+ years creating and writing test plans and test scripts
- 2+ years web based testing
- Experience with XML and web services testing
- Experience with SQL and data retrieval from a relational database (i.e., MySql, Oracle)
- Strong UNIX background especially Linux
- Ability to work against extremely tight deadlines
- Experience in HTML, Java Script, DHTML
- Bachelors degree with emphasis on CS, CE and EE majors
- Familiarity with quality methodologies such as: CMM, ISO or IEEE.
- Familiarity with the Agile Development Framework
- Experience in PHP, PERL and shell scripting is a strong plus
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the QA role and all areas of application testing
- Detailed understanding of the entire development cycle
- Experience with defect tracking systems and other software life cycle management tools
- Knowledge of and ability to rapidly learn third party development/QA tools
- Capacity for attention to details
- Strong organizational and communication skills