Cal Evans is back today with his day two recap from the O'Reilly Open Source Confernce going on now in Oregon. Day two is the first official day of the conference and had much more going on than the day before.
Things really started to pick up steam yesterday with regards to PHP. So here I sit in the first session for everybody. As I sit here and jam to the oldies, watch slide after slide on the many multimedia screens and wait for Nathan Torkington to take the stage, I'll take the opportunity to give you a fly-over of yesterday's activities.
- his breakfast with Laura Thomson
- OmniIT's sales of Theo Schlossnagle's book (Scalable Internet Architectures)
- Marcus Borger's talk on OOP in PHP5
- Chris Shiflett talk on "Essential PHP Security"
- Laura Thomson and Luke Welling's "Building an Asynchronous Multi-user Web App for Fun … and Maybe Profit"
Cal also mentions that the talks given by the OmniIT-ers are being videoed, so keep an eye out for those following the conference's end.