On Reddit.com there's a recent post looking forward in PHP's future and asking the community what their predictions are for the language in the upcoming year. Comments run the range of trolling to useful, but here's some of the more interesting ones:
- "hopefully we finally see a bake-in of APC into the PHP core? Maybe?"
- "Hopefully it will catch up with the testability of Ruby."
- "PHP is becoming more professional, with better tools and processes. I hope people move towards PHP 5.4 as I love array literals/really dislike not having them."
- "I know python has been making good use of for a long time. So hopefully this sort of stuff continues."
- "I wish the PHP frameworks would embrace the PHP development server."
- "PHP 5.3 will become deployed on the majority of servers, thus allowing to actually utilize its new features in distributable FLOSS projects."
Share your own predictions and add your own comments to the post!