In a new post to his blog Leonid Mamchenkov mentions some of the things he came across when writing up some unit tests with CakePHP to help out other developers for their future testing adventures.
I've spent a large part of yesterday setting up the testing environment for a CakePHP project. As always, every time I do something that I have done before, I wanted to do it better, using all the experienced that was acquired previously. And this often leads to the discovery of new things '" both good and bad. Here is a record of what I've learned yesterday.
He mentions three major issues - the memory limit that can sometimes be hit when running "All Tests", working with real database data for your fixtures and a bug he came across when working with the MySQL schema generator and timestamp columns.