Matthew Turland has posted the latest article in his series on the Magento e-commerce platform. He's been talking an in-depth look at the features of the application and reporting his findings in a series of blog posts. This time he focuses on the order management features.
He lists out the seven main parts of this feature, describing each (with links to the Magento manual for some):
- View, Edit, Create, and Fulfill Orders from Admin Panel
- Create Multiple Invoices, Shipments, and Credit Memos Per Order for Split Fulfillment
- Print Invoices and Packing Slips
- Call Center Order Creation
- Create Re-orders for Customers from Administration Panel
- E-mail Notifications of Orders
- RSS Feed of New Orders
He also briefly mentions a test he performed with the Opera browser versus Firefox in working with his Magento install. A bug causing sporadic crashes in Firefox was nowhere to be seen in Opera - though there was an issue with cookie propagation.