Noupe.com has a few suggestions for you when you go to pick out your next content management system with ten guidelines that can help:
The content management system you choose can really make a huge difference in how much time you (or your clients) spend keeping a site updated and maintained. There's a huge variety out there-some estimates put the number at around 1700 different options. Some are great...some, not so much.
Among the suggestions are things like:
- A CMS needs to work intuitively.
- The backend needs to be logical and well-organized.
- The right CMS shouldn't have a ton of extra functionality you'll never use.
- The right CMS should be easy for non-geeks to use.
- The pages it creates should be fast-loading and have simple code.